rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

higher education bubble?

higher education bubble?

Quote: (03-19-2014 05:31 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

It's fine to have the "forget school" mentality but do you have that kick-ass business plan to make money? If not...you take you ass to school and study a marketable major.

I went and got a B.S. in Math/Computer Science and hired right out school. Now 25 years later (and a M.S. in Engineering later on) it still paid off. Sure, I went and sold my privacy to the Feds in order to get one of those security clearances but those things are gold in Washington DC and has kept me at 6 figures for the last 15 years. I could do the start my business thing but damn....the work is easy and my commute to so short that I go home to take a dump.

Guess I am complacent.

I don't think you are complacent, 25 years ago the opportunity cost of getting a degree in women's studies was still better than today. You would have lost 4 years of earning potential and what $12k in tuition? Now that opportunity cost is 4 years of earning potential and $100k in tuition. If I had to pay the tuition of today I would not have pursued the degree that I did, there is too much risk.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread