rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are western countries nuts?

Are western countries nuts?

107-year-old Syrian, family reunited in Germany

BERLIN (AP) — A 107-year-old woman who fled the conflict in Syria has arrived in Germany to be reunited with her family, including her newborn great-great-granddaughter, officials said Monday.

Sabria Khalaf had fled her home in Syria seven months ago with her son Kenan, travelling to Turkey and then on to Greece, the dpa news agency reported.

Khalaf was greeted by about 20 members of her family, including grandchildren, great-grandchildren and her 33-day-old great-great-granddaughter, according to dpa.

Under European Union rules refugees have to apply for asylum in the first member state they reach, putting a heavy burden on Mediterranean nations like Greece, where Khalaf had spent the last two months.

A spokesman for the Office for Migrants and Refugees, Christoph Sander, said a decision was made to expedite Khalaf's transfer to Germany on humanitarian grounds.

107-year-old Syrian Sabria Khalaf talks to reporters as she arrives at the airport in Duesseldorf, G …
The move followed an article about Khalaf, a member of Syria's Kurdish minority, in Munich daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung earlier this month. The report caught the attention of a lawmaker who urged German President Joachim Gauck to intervene on her behalf and expedite the bureaucratic process, dpa reported.

Germany has committed to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees, the highest number of any European country.

According to the United Nations, some two million Syrians have sought refuge abroad — mostly in neighboring countries — since the conflict began three years ago. That number could double by the end of the year, the global body has warned.

Let me start off by saying why don't those rich ass gulf Middle East countries open up its doors and allow its fellow Muslim brothers and sisters to prosper in a country where Islamic law is evident and the same language is spoken. A much more easier transition for these poor Syrians. Even give them citizenship!!!! But never!!!! Never in a million years will ths happen. There are many Syrians living in the gulf and if they manage to rub a local the wrong way, out they go.

Germany is not what it once was before economically speaking. I know many young people who are struggling to find work, yet they bring refugees from Syria? Is it a plot in order to get access to oil? Why would they do that...I have many theories but reuniting a 107 year old with her family is a kind gesture and thse members should be kissing the asses of those who allowed this to happen. I know in Canada they have immigration with family members from various countries who bring their old parents to live nd babysit the grandchildren. In the Toronto area it is common with Indians, south East Asians. This is all nice, but economically speaking it is a huge strain on the welfare state policies. Hospitals are already strained (Canada has free healthcare) paid by the tax payer. Bringing old people who can't produce into this system bankrupts it. They should bring young people who can work. I'm sure Indian government officials or Syrian officials are like please take all the old folks so we don't have to pay our doctors to be occupied with them., I am sure I will get flack but this is reality. What is Germany doing???? Multiculturalism is a failure according to many politicins and their economy doesn't need the strain to educate, train and subsidize houses to foreigners who don't necessarily share the same views. No wonder the gulf countries have enormous wealth.

Messages In This Thread