rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meditation Retreats

Meditation Retreats

I completed the 10 day vipassana course and had an almost identical experience to Neo.

Out of the 40 or so men who came, 6 dropped out. Out of the 40 or so women who came 2 dropped out.

I felt as though I was the only one shifting around throughout the one our sittings of determination, but after discussing it with other people at the course, I found out nearly everyone there was struggling.

I found day 7, 8, and 9, there were moments in which I felt as though I wanted to run out of the meditation hall and scream at the top of my lungs because of the extreme discomfort, which I can only describe as a tight chested pre-panic attack feeling. I was able to identify and observe the physical sensation, and the feeling would eventually go away, only to come back, and when I observed it again, it would fade. By day 9 I had a much better time dealing with it.

One of the most difficult, yet most rewarding things I have done in my life.

I continue to do the 1 hour morning sittings on my own, but I fail to do a full hour at night due to my busy schedule.

I highly recommend the course. I am going to serve at a course this year.

Anyone who has any questions, feel free to PM me along with others who have been to the course.

Messages In This Thread