rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Study in Europe or the US for college?

Study in Europe or the US for college?

Hi guys,

I've lurked on this forum for quite some time now, and have never really been one to have the desire to travel up until this point in my life (19 years old). I am currently attending a local community college in my area and plan on majoring in Chemical engineering while knocking out pre-med reqs (they overlap with the degree) if I decide to take another path.

I currently live in the United States; my parents moved here from Britain - I am receiving my own British passport in a few weeks (I have American as well) and will have the opportunity to transfer to a college in the EU for my major, as opposed to staying here in the US.

I have found several colleges that I would be able to attend for little to no tuition because of my newfound citizenship, namely in Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, and Switzerland. Deciding where most likely will not be much of an issue for me, yet I still cannot decide whether this is something I should do. Leaving friends behind and girlfriend I occasionally have oneitis for gives me second thoughts.

A little bit about myself:
-White
-Diagnosed with yellow fever (a friend pointed out that most girls I checkout are Asian)
-Self studying Japanese (would like to visit/live there at some point)
-Visiting a friend in Thailand in 2 months

Thoughts on studying abroad?

Messages In This Thread