rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Development vs. Tail

Development vs. Tail

Game for me was important up front when I first discovered it in college a few years ago. I couldn't get laid for the life of me, and it was the biggest problem in my life at the time. I felt like a sailor who didn't know how to swim, and once I discovered game I devoted most of my time and energy to reading sites like RooshV/Rational Male/Roissy, approaching women, and honing my skill set.

Several years later I'm still working on my game, but it's only fifth or sixth on my priorities list. I'd rather hit the gym, cook a healthy meal, read a book, practice Spanish, get a good night's sleep, or catch up with an old friend, than hit up a bar just to have sex.

There's always room for improvement when it comes to women, but at this point simply knowing that I can get laid if I put the time/effort in is enough for me. It's the difference between having a grocery store right down the street and money in my pocket, versus being completely destitute and not knowing whether I'll eat tonight or starve.

At this point I've essentially transitioned away from night game, and I work on meeting women during the day as I go about my business. If I happen to see a cute girl at the gym/library/grocery store, I'll go chat her up and try to get her out for drinks. Sometimes I can go a whole week without approaching, but I don't mind-I have other things to occupy my time, and I know as long as I take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way I'll eventually get another girl. It's easy for me now, of course, but that's only because I have hundreds of approaches under my belt from the past several years.

In summary, I agree with most of the previous posters. Women should be a side dish, not the main course. Focus on yourself and the women will follow. If you still find game to be too time consuming or detrimental to your other pursuits, consider getting into a short-term relationship instead of constantly trying to bang new girls. At the end of the day, game is about getting your sexual needs met, and dating a girl for a few months can often be a great way to focus on more important things while still getting your rocks off and keeping that skill set sharp.

Messages In This Thread