rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Development vs. Tail

Development vs. Tail

This is an excellent topic. Goldmund nailed it, so don't want to sound repetitive.

I'm a big believer in focusing on building yourself into a formidable force. For example, all too often you hear Americans say "I don't need to learn math, I can hire people to do that for me." This is the kind of lazy thinking that may not cause you problems now, but will culminate into who you are and the path you are on later in life.

Work hard, get after it, and you will be making an investment in being able to do what you want, when you want.

Chicks often only like the "take me where the wind blows" type when you are really young. Get to even 28, and the "drifter" game will get crushed by someone harnessing serious skills.

This is why I can't advocate the short term hustles/scams, they don't build skills or character. Sometimes people on this board confuse "hustler mindset" with "entrepreneurial mindset". Whatever you want to label it, if you are trying to make a quick buck by ripping someone off, this won't help your development. If you are trying to rethink a situation, or change the playing field to your better, then by all means this will likely require a hike...a hike that will help your development.

Down the road, if you've put a lot into developing yourself, you can pull top shelf talent without having to randomly"approach" all day. The other path is to be the guy with model looks that literally makes a life out of being a PUA. Both probably work well, but unless you look like Brad Pitt, I'd put my money on building the true substance. (oh, and it isn't like Brad Pitt is a failure on the substance front with all of his accomplishments!).

Take your bet.

(oh, and I pulled top shelf talent along the way before all the other stuff took hold...key was pumping iron. Hit the weights like a beast...it will carry you through until all the other development stuff becomes apparent.)

Messages In This Thread