rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Real reason Bin Laden corpse photo not released

Real reason Bin Laden corpse photo not released

Quote: (03-14-2014 08:37 PM)j r Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2014 08:19 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

I get that killing Bin Laden was a major win for the "war on terror" or whatnot, but I just couldnt identify with all the American celebrating that went on after his death. A little strange, if you ask me.

Most of that celebrating was done by clueless kids. Most of the people chanting outside of the White House were GW undergrads and assorted DC twenty-somethings.

Nonetheless, I remember that immediately following period in early May as one of bloodthirsty euphoria in the U.S., not only among George Washington University undergrads but among others as well. At my law school, very intelligent and sophisticated people (many of them much smarter than me in some ways) were celebrating his death. It was unsettling.

I don't think that it's right to celebrate someone's death. It's sad. Some people need to be in prison or somehow taken off the market but I wouldn't celebrate, only give a grim sigh of relief. There's a difference.

Messages In This Thread