rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

Quote: (03-14-2014 10:14 AM)svenski7 Wrote:  

I quit a job last year when they tried to put me on probation. I was working with a bunch of non-profit dykes (man:women ratio was around 1:10). All of them were either scissoring each other during lunch or divorced living in an apartment filled with cats.

So I left and went to Ukraine. Now, for obvious reasons that may not be a great idea now, but I found out that:
-There are feminine, good-looking women in this world who cook, clean, wash (and starch) clothes and want to fuck your American brains out.
-You can live comfortably teaching English in much of the world without TEFL degree or even a work visa.

So now I'm in Thailand and the situation is similar.

I'd recommend selling your car (if u have) and taking your 8k abroad for 6 months.

I agree with this option. You did not mention whether you have a college degree. Any degree would help your marketability, but you can still absolutely teach English in many places without one. You don't even need a degree to take the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) which is the most recognized and legit TEFL course worldwide (there are a lot of scam TEFL courses). I took the CELTA, which was very difficult but rewarding (paying 2K + living expenses in a city offering a CELTA may be out of your price range). However, you can combine traveling with taking the CELTA and, provided you pass, can teach English nearly anywhere you want. You can take the course in the country that you want to move to, thus decrease living expenses (compared to the US) and have a much better chance of landing a job immediately (compared to taking the course in the US). I'm in Latin America, obviously, but part of me really wanted to go to Russia or another country in eastern Europe. I looove Russian women. Maybe someday...

Teaching also helps you be a leader, be social, be authoritative- all attractive qualities.

Messages In This Thread