rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

I'm not sure which State you're in, but firing someone for a lack of sales or not generating enough new business is not a fireable offense. These are beyond anyone's control. Think about it, a company or a sales person can't literally control how much they can sell, factors like competition, the economy, the particular market or product are all factors beyond your control.

They can fire you, but they would either have to prove that you were not doing anything to try to improve your situation, slacking off, not showing up for work, disregarding job duties etc. or they would have to pay you unemployment.

As a former manager I could not fire someone for lack of sales, so I would have to find, document, go through the motions of verbal and written warnings for fireable offenses unrelated to their sales performance, then fire them. If you are past an agreed upon probationary period (appears you are) and are not being reprimanded for fireable offenses, then wait it out, let them fire you and collect unemployment.

Most States either mail it to your house or direct deposit it, you usually just have to telephone it in and push a few buttons. If you have someone you trust, they can do it for you and deposit the checks so you can travel around while being paid. However, you do risk the random call for you to come and check in personally. Each State has a different proceedure so check. But as someone who had come from a sales and management background and know people who have done this, it seems like an easy way to collect and go.

Messages In This Thread