rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

May lose job soon, seeking career advice

Hi all. I have a bit of an issue on my hands with my career/life path and I'm seeking advice from wiser, more experienced members on the forum.

I'm 26 years old, currently in a job I do not like, but up till recently was tolerably boring. Primarily involves event planning and non-profit fundraising. It used to be fun since my team's old boss used to hang out with us and drink and bullshit, it was great. The job could be very stressful (I am constantly juggling 2-3 major projects at once) but since we all had that camaraderie it made it bearable. But he has been promoted and transferred to a different part of the country around the same time several new people have been added to upper management and have really changed the culture there- endless mandatory meetings, hard-assed about everything, the whole place has just done a complete 180 in the last 4 months.

It was originally my plan was to quit in June by which point I'd have 12-15k saved up, then jet off to SA for a few months. Unfortunately I may get fired in April. Long story short, I did not meet my fundraising goal last year- I raised more total dollars than anyone else there, but it didn't matter. (since I work in relatively affluent area, I am held to a higher standard than most of my peers). The new upper management doesn't like me, and I believe they want me gone, but since I have been there 3 years (doing well most of the time) it was cheaper to put me on probation than hire a replacement.

If I don't reach a fundraising goal by April I will be let go. I've made progress, but due to the shitty economy and incompetence of people I am working with on my campaign, we may not reach it.

By that time, I will have around $8k in the bank. I have been taking lessons in bartending just for fun but now that may be something I have to fall back on.

If I lose job, current thinking is this:

A) Fly off to SA for 2-3 months for a few months a Spanish, rejuvenation and chasing tail

B) delay trip indefinitely, finish bartending course, network with others in the area for the field I am interesting in (film industry).

I really, really want to get the hell out of the US for a while but I am always thinking "how long will the money last? What am I gonna do? How will this affect my life and career?"

Sorry if this is post is all over the place, this situation has been causing me tremendous anxiety and stress- my personal goals, including game, have been sidelined as I come home physically and mentally exhausted each day. I haven't felt like myself in months. I am so tired of doing shit I don't like to do just to earn money.

Any constructive advice is appreciated. Thanks.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Messages In This Thread