rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mastering Getting Dumped

Mastering Getting Dumped

I read recently that social rejection triggers the same response in the brain as physical pain. No one likes getting blown off or dumped. Unfortunately for us, when it comes to doing the rejection, it's often the females of our species doing it.

Which is why I think we need to brainstorm the opposite of how to meet women...specifically, how to get dumped by them. It occurred to me the problem sometimes isn't so much getting dumped, it's the lack of control over the situation. You feel like you've been owned.

I stumbled upon a way to sidestep this. I tend to date flighty women who I only see once in a while, so it was easy for me to pull the following exchange off and I was thinking some of y'all might find it handy:

RING!

Her: I don't think we should see each other anymore.

Me: How were we "seeing each other."

Her: What do you call what we've been doing the last few months?

Me: I don't know. Hanging? Friends with benefits? What did you think it was?

Her (agitated): I thought we said we were going out!

Me: Well, not sure how serious you were, but it's not like we moved in or made plans -- how is that "going out?"

Her (really pissed): You know what your problem is? Blah blah blah (profanity) blah blah (bad word)...

Me (interrupting): I'm not going to listen to you insult me. Call me sometime when you're not insane. Bye.

CLICK.

You don't change the situation, obviously. But what you can change is that bitter aftertaste of having to say words like "WHY? Don't you LIKE me anymore?" Plus, you can always attempt to go back in later using the massive reframe (not that I plan on doing that, just saying).

Messages In This Thread