rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Journalist is fired - 6 months later works minimum wage retail job

Journalist is fired - 6 months later works minimum wage retail job

His "mistake" was getting to 50 without a game plan for an unexpected period of unemployment. His "mistake" was buying into a liberal/feminist/conservative trust of women and not fully anticipated getting screwed over in family court. His "mistake" was spending the first 50 years of his life failing to build up a side hustle and enough f*** you cash to maintain some level of independence instead of suckling at the teat of big media.

If he had grown his own "brand" in the thirty years he spent being a talking head for big media, he would have been able to simple "hire himself" when he got too toxic for the mainstream.

Heck, if he'd played his cards right, he could have leveraged having his name blasted in news outlets across the country to drive plenty of traffic to a personal blog and made some money off of AdSense clicks and views.

People have been asking me lately why I'm pursuing the career path that I am and my answer for them is always the same. I'm working on being equally employable working for someone else or myself.

I'm probably never going to rake in the big bucks at some non-profit like this guy, but I won't end up working retail with a bunch of high school graduates when I'm 50.

Of course, I'm also not going to be stupid enough to even consider getting married before 35.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread