rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I got asked to be a "foreign" DJ

I got asked to be a "foreign" DJ

First of all are you familiar with the setup they have?

I'm doubting it will be Vinyl probably cd based. Most clubs have Pioneer 800's which are cool all be it a little slow to load from USB. Or 1000's which load from a flash drive a lot quicker and saves you burning cd's.

SLSK (Soulseek) is a great file sharing program for you to grab all the mp3's you need and standard torrent sites can fill in the blanks.

I'd recommend dowloading VDJ aka Virtual DJ so you can load mp3's and see which ones flow well together. (There is a Sync button too which automatically matches the tempo of one mp3 to the other on the other deck) if they are using Serato or any Laptop based interface a sync button should be readily available so you wont even have to worry about beat matching on the night.

No flashy mixing is needed and no effects unless youre feeling brave and a little dutch courage gets you there. Just safe mixing will do (blending intro/breakdown/outro) for a smooth transition from one to the other.

Write down your set on a notepad or something. Once you have decided on a great first tune and a nice one to finish it on, organise it in a way so it will be easy to follow.

Also don't forget to have fun and a little dance behind the decks is a must.

(I forgot to mention make sure to listen to every track you will use from start to finish. A track skipping or having some issue can cause a little bit of a mess)

Messages In This Thread