rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let`s talk franchise

Let`s talk franchise

Quote: (03-12-2014 04:32 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Franchises are for suburbs and small towns/cities.

Urban centers are steering away from fast food chains, and it is only going to get harder for companies.
Do you have any facts to support these claims? When I was a manager at domino's pizza, I went to this conference where they were giving prizes to the owners of the most successful stores. The top one happened to gross over 8 million/year in sales and is located downtown of a major metropolitan. Stores in the bigger cities made more money than stores in the smaller towns...
Quote: (03-12-2014 06:44 PM)Seaver Wrote:  

A franchise owner rarely gets to choose their suppliers. They have to buy from franchise's corporate supplier and at the price corporate decides.

Subway for instance has thousands of locations worldwide, which means a huge buying power, and are able to provide food at fairly competitive prices.

I noticed that a lot of the opinions on this thread are based on assumptions and a small sample size, and not on actual figures/facts.

But either way, owning any of the most successful franchise (Subway, domino's pizza, burger king) is a lot safer, and a much wiser financial decision as opposed to starting your own store. Not to mention it's a lot easier to get bank financing for a franchise, than for a new business.

Messages In This Thread