rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let`s talk franchise

Let`s talk franchise

Franchise restaurant is better than a startup standalone restaurant, but day to day, I'd prefer office work to managing minimum wage employees and disagreeable customers.

In most of those franchise opportunities you're buying yourself a job. Maybe a job that pays better (and usually not on a per hour basis) but it's a job in most cases. And you can't really get over like a fat rat until you own multiple restaurants and hire competent management.

In my calculations, the average 9 dollar meal came to 3 in.materials, but that 6 "profit" is eaten up by labor, waste, taxes, and overhead.

In your 300k example, I'd look to open a 50k franchise like subway or quiznos, and then use the other 250 to open others once I'd learned the business.

There are a couple magazines out there that talk about the general industry as well as specifics.

A little aside, Professionals typically hang.a shingle or become consultants in their industry. But the technical side is usually overwhelmed by the "get clients and keep the lights on" side.

Back to food, in.my opinion, not being an industry expert, there isn't enough markup in food to adequately cover all of the risk and costs. Especially if you're not an expert.

To me, this means you've actually got a lot of inefficiencies to address, setting you up to be a great success.

I wish you much success.

WIA

Messages In This Thread