rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ayahuasca and the body

Ayahuasca and the body

Quote: (03-12-2014 06:18 AM)Elim Wrote:  

Not to take away from your experience, but I don't think one needs to take a trip to Peru and feel like shit and spend that much money to realize important changes and make them happen. If your realizations are surprising to you, then maybe you are sleepwalking through life. What else are you missing out on?

Drugs can bump us in the right direction, and I've done many, but I don't think they're usually the best method for lasting change. In general, nothing good comes easy, and I'm not saying ayahuasca is a walk in the park, but it's still easier than starting a meditation practice and being disciplined. Don't hate me, just sharing my thoughts.

I am not a psychedelic evangelist/messiah but I see them as an useful substance for many people, that's it. I got into these things when I heard that one of my favorite influences(Robert Greene, Alan Watts, Jordan Belfort) did psychedelics and said how beneficial they were. Eventually got into McKenna, Aubrey Marcus, Joe Rogan etc.

I don't really like the word "drug" because it has so much negative connotations. It is obvious that these plants are not magic pills but according to personal experience and hundreds of anecdotal evidence, they can be immensely helpful. They are neutral substance which can either strengthen your perspective or completely see your life from a different angle. When you use these substances, the people who have used them know that you see, feel and think from a whole different angle and let you see things which you have taken granted or have missed.

I knew one guy who I did once LSD with, and he used the whole meaning of the trip to rationalize his inaction, laziness and that "career doesnt matter". Whereas I personally was thinking how to kick more ass. But LSD is more recreational "fun" substance than introspective hell like shrooms or ayahuasca.

The great thing about psychedelics is that once to couple of times per year is enough for experienced folks, while majority people could only trip once in a lifetime and reap huge benefits. I personally suggest my friends to try shrooms at least once, because it affects their perception of the world & themselves so much, that it is almost always beneficial. The most challenging aspect is to delete the cultural conditioning and wrong / incorrect beliefs regarding these things. Almost always they are nothing but fearful propaganda and prejudice.

Messages In This Thread