rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is NLP Worth Learning?

Is NLP Worth Learning?

I starting thinking about NLP again after listening to Aurini's latest podcast, where he and his guest reveals that Anita Sarkeesian before becoming a feminist game critic studied NLP - Neuro-Linguistic Programming. He breaks it down in this video. It's pretty interesting.

For those that don't know. NLP is a hypnotic style of speaking, referenced in The Game, which is used in seduction, sales, and therapy. Part of it involves implanting hidden commands in everyday speech.

I'd never gotten into it, simply because I never had a strong enough reason to train myself in a new habit. Listening to the podcast however, rather than taking the MRA "how dare she!" and jumping to victim-hood, my manosphere trained brain just went "hmm... that's interesting... maybe I should learn that too."

I've also considered studying hypnosis for similar reasons. NLP has the advantage of being usable in everyday speech. I'll be doing some public speaking and sales related stuff soon, and something like this might be helpful.

I'm curious if anyone has studied NLP or hypnosis and could speak on a) how useful is it? Is it worth learning? and b) if you were to learn it, what would be the best way? I think I read a book on it a while ago, but like any habit reading isn't enough, and I'm curious what the best way to train yourself to use it daily would be.

I also find it interesting Anita Sarkeesian studied an old-school game technique - and not just an old school one, but one of the "creepiest" most-manipulative sounding techniques. NLP has applications beyond that obviously, but her use is just going for money the way a PUA would go for sex.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread