rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Political Comedy: CPAC Minority Outreach Panel

Political Comedy: CPAC Minority Outreach Panel

Quote:Quote:

No Anglo country will be run like a 1 party dictatorship. Don't bet on the Republicans being dead. There's times when one party can find itself in the wilderness for years, in Canada the Liberals ran the country for much of the country's history. Now the Conservatives have caught up.

I'm talking about at the presidential level here, barring significant outreach and success with expanding the electoral coalition. I have no doubt in the ability of democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote:Quote:

Re-districting has saved the Republicans to some degree.

The House of Representatives is a different thing. In Arizona and South Carolina, Obama got a similar share of the vote~45%, but Arizona sent five democrats out of nine in their house delegation to Washington after 2012, South Carolina sent one democrat out of seven in theirs. The difference? District lines in SC were drawn by the republican legislature, Arizona recently passed a law mandating a non-partisan board for redrawing congressional districts. You're going to start seeing a bigger push for non-partisan redistricting in the next few years, and as those efforts become successful, there will be some changes in the makeup of Congress, as part of the incumbent protection racket apparatus is dismantled. And ultimately, I think that will be better for everyone, but it will also force republicans in a lot of those districts to figure out how to appeal to what will be a broader base of voters.

Messages In This Thread