rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you lift? Of course you do. How do you stack up against these strength standards?

Do you lift? Of course you do. How do you stack up against these strength standards?

Quote: (03-11-2014 04:38 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:58 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

You gotta learn how your body works, learn a bit here & there from others where relevant, as you put in your training effort and eventually figure it out for yourself. Once you understand training principles though (they apply to everybody), coming up with a program with its exercises and rep/set scheme is pretty easy.

Great information. What do you think about rest periods between sets? Some programs recommend long ones (5-10 minutes!) while others insist that you should keep them short (1 minute max).

I'm under the impression that long rest periods are better for strength training but I simply don't have the time to burn. Does it make a difference for strength/mass gains?

I'm obviously not a trainer but what I do is after a warm up I do 3 x 6 with a long rest in between (3-4 min), and then drop the weights and lower the rest periods to train for muscle endurance.

Messages In This Thread