rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why The Hostility Towards Feminism and Fat American Women?

Why The Hostility Towards Feminism and Fat American Women?

Quote: (01-20-2011 12:09 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

OldNemesis - I am over this thread and I do want to spend more than a minute or two replying to you. I get the distinct impression that your mind is made up no matter what anyone else says and that is ok.

This is only partially true. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm definitely not going to start researching the subject until someone persuades me it is worth researching. I never buy "look on it, and you might like it" arguments - if those who advocate a specific idea cannot be bothered to spend their time looking for facts, why would I even bother?

Quote:Quote:

- Christian values, of course nothing is 100% perfect. Of course you could show some hypocrisy in what some interpret as Christian law and our punishments of those who break those laws, but when talking about "christian" values and laws, we can simply say that we designed our laws after the basic principles of good behaviour as listed in the 10 commandments.

This is not true at all. Have you ever looked on 10 commandments? Half of them did not ever get into the laws, and the rest half has been the law of pretty much every country around the world long time before the bible was ever written. "Do not kill/do not steal" is definitely NOT a christian value.

"Do not kill/do not steal" laws are not based on 10 commandments

Though there is a seperation of Church and state, what rules were most laws based off of?

Did you heard about Code of Hammurabi?

Again this is relative, as I know that many of our laws in the USA are out dated and I agree we have some strict laws on petty crimes which need to be repealed, but if you compare it to what some other Countries do, we are fairly progressive in some areas while still remaining tough on other criminals where places like Western Europe has failed.

Sure if you compare USA with Afganistan or UAE, the USA would look fairly progressive. But if you make a more valid comparison, for example with Canada, Australia or UK?

- Cultural Change..again you describe cultures as ever "evolving" but that is not always the case. Nazi Germany was a huge cultural Change..would you call it good? Stalin and the boys in your home country, a bit of a Cultural change?

Nothing you mentioned here was cultural change. Beatles and Rock'n'Roll were, abolition of slavery was. Electing Bush or Hitler was not a cultural change.

Also I might add both of these cultural changes started with power resting in the hands of a totalitarian government and absolute disregard for individual states or counties rights which you also seem to have a problem with.

As I stated several times, I support a slow transition of most of the political power from counties and states to Federal government. I see both advantages and disadvantages there, but in my opinion the overall result would be positive. I understand this is not a very popular point here, but honestly I don't give shit. So far nobody was able to provide any more arguments why it would be a disadvantage than I already know. And, believe me, quite a lot of people tried. We have quite a bunch of libertarians in skydiving community.

Messages In This Thread