rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to Trump Another Guy's "Better Job Card"

Ways to Trump Another Guy's "Better Job Card"

Quote: (03-01-2014 10:50 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

I have a shit job teaching TEFL. This is what I've done in the past and would do if it came up again:

Two options:

a) Silly answer

Nobface: "What do you do?"

You: "Time travel"

VERY rarely will a guy will pursue this beyond the first question. He's already been outed as pretty serious IMO.

Nobface: "No, what do you do for a job" (Already looks like a nob at this point)

You: "*Grin and laugh* *hands-up 'WTF' action and look at girl* I travel through time. I just told you man haha"

b) Serious answer. This time be nice to him and seem genuinely serious. Make it visible that you have more important things to worry about instead of a 9-5 slog.

Nobface: "What do you do?"

You: "You know man. That's a good question. I don't quite know. Sometimes I can run majestically through the rain without a care in the world, other times I feel like my civil liberties are being increasingly curtailed in the name of counter-terrorism, you know what I mean? *swig beer with a distant stare*"

He won't know what to do.

Outsmart people

Haha, I teach TEFL too.

Good advice. Thanks, boss.

Slight variation on the situation. Now that I think of it, I encounter this type of situation more when I'm out with a group of people that includes dudes I've never met before. The type of dudes you can tell after the first minute you're not gonna like. Would you pull the same move against a competitor within the group? He wouldn't just walk away like a rando would. It could also create some real beef within the group and kill the vibe.

Messages In This Thread