rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A working holiday visa in Australia

A working holiday visa in Australia

Where were you flying there from?
It's not a smart move to fly half way across the world just to check it out(1-2 weeks). (Return flights are in the thousands). Most people go to aus for like 6months). I do not think it's worth flying all the way there to just "check it out", you either get a job there and stay for longer duration or not go at all.

I was there on a whv and stayed in hostel in the kings cross area. Obviously people are not gonna party everyday as its prohibitively expensive to do so. At most Fridays and Saturdays.

There are some whv jobs for foreigners and some involve manual labor (my friend was working at the warehouse). Obviously no one is gonna give you a skilled permanent cushy job as they want to develop their talent and do not want someone who is just gonna disappear after 6months. (Same rules apply anywhere). So that leaves temp jobs and you gotta actively look for them and not having your mind on sightseeing everyday.

Messages In This Thread