rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a comfortable minimum lifestyle income for your city?

What's a comfortable minimum lifestyle income for your city?

Quote: (03-03-2014 06:10 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

Quote: (03-01-2014 03:20 AM)Fortitudinal Wrote:  

Im living in Kyoto, Japan.

Expenses:

$400 rent (electricity included) reasonably near subway station downtown. Tiny 3.5m x 4.5m appartment though.
$50 water
$40 transport (I bike everywhere)
$500 food (Cook home a lot, and I eat a lot )
$200 booze (been cutting back a lot, really ads up!)
$200 misc (haircuts, toiletries, etc)
$200 eating out (variety is good)

$1600 aprox a month will get you by OK.

Eating and drinking out will get you higher numbers of course.

For a better lifestyle Id say go with $3,000. Socializing has been seriously lacking lately for me.

However Im here for the long run, so trying hard to economize.

I loved Kyoto. In my experience, the girls there looked a lot better there than the ones I ran across in Tokyo and Osaka. I like the city better than those other too as well. I'm surprised you can get by for under $2k though. Are you fairly close to that river, market, and the nightlife?

I would love to spend a few months there some day.

Yeah, the girls are a little more dolled up than in Osaka, and relatively friendly. Tokyo is a different beast though.
Agree on the sentiment, Kyoto is way more livable though its hot as all fuck in summer (think 36C plus 80% humidity) and pretty cold in winter (hovers around 5C, damp). So there are some drawbacks. At least I dont have to deal with the eternal Canadian winter fuck that shit.

Im getting by, not exactly baller lifestyle. Cook at home a lot, rarely drink. really helps save.

Im not close to Pontocho (the area you are thinking about), but I have a bike and can get there in 20-30 mins by bike ride, and Kyoto is pretty flat. So no issue.

Drop me a line if you come by, Im a good tour guide if you are into food and wine.

Messages In This Thread