rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a comfortable minimum lifestyle income for your city?

What's a comfortable minimum lifestyle income for your city?

Haha you probably drop $80k a year just on eating out, drinks and clubs, DVY. [Image: smile.gif] I've seen some of your bar bills, guy.

OP's numbers aren't totally off to me: rent, entertainment, transportation and dining can easily take up $4000/month in LA if you want to portray that lifestyle - nice bachelor pad, entry level German sports car, vaguely European wardrobe, hitting up hot restaurants and bars a few times a month, etc...

The shit thing about LA is that you can't skimp on anything if you want that image. My buddies that are professionals in ATL make probably 15% less than they would here but rent is 30-50% cheaper so they all drive cars they couldn't afford in LA. Even NYC, you can allocate your resources by spending your money on dope clothes and going out and balance that by not having a car and/or getting a roommate in a nicer 2 bedroom. If you're 30+ and have a roommate in LA, chicks will laugh you out the door while singing "Scrubs" by TLC.

Personally, I live way below my means, but I got a reminder of this a few months ago when I was seriously contemplating buying a new Porsche Panamera. I could buy the car cash but then it'd be totally incongruous with the rent controlled $1300 apartment I live in. Moving to midwilshire or Santa Monica I'd probably have to double my rent outlay, drop a couple grand for new furniture and with that new location, added commute, gas, insurance, etc...

In the end, just decided it wasn't worth spending that much more money for no guarantee of a higher quality of pussy.

Messages In This Thread