rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tax Rates around the world. Over taxing single people

Tax Rates around the world. Over taxing single people

@Menace, being a W2 wage earner for an uncooperative employer is pretty terrible. Being a W2 employee for a cooperative, tax friendly, employer is not bad there are some good benefit programs that they can work with you on to reduce or defer your income. I think a 1099 contractor for a single client is the worst option, you get to pay all of the self employment tax (yes it deductible but deductible doesn't mean free) along with secretary of state and reporting fees.

On the OP
I think the whole married/single/kids and differing tax rates was originally intended to reward people for having kids and adding to the population/workforce. Now it can be abused by 'head of household' status. Also, I wish they picked a state other than new york to rank for America, Wyoming or Tennessee would increase the takehome by 6.85% right off the top, putting that family into the top 5 for take home.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread