rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bartender game

Bartender game

As a rule I never pay attention to kind behavior from people who are in service industries and on the clock. If you go to a music store and it seems like a chick who works there is hitting on you because she's really nice and complimenting your taste in music, chances are she's just doing it because she's paid to do it, or she has some incentive to sell the album (This happened to a friend of mine, he fell head over heels after one meeting).

There's a bar I go to maybe once every couple weeks which is one of my pickup spots. A couple months ago this cute bartender began working there. Living in NYC I'm used to people being less-than-kind, but this girl was very bubbly. I just assumed she was being nice for tips and never entertained the idea that she was into me. A few times we've talked about movies, and I found that if I made a good joke about a movie she'd usually give me a free drink. Again, just assuming she was doing her job.

Then last night the friend who I always take with me told me he was picking up HEAVY IOI's from her. As soon as we walked in she saw us from across the bar and waved to us. A little while later we go outside for a smoke and the bartender came out a couple minutes later, also for a smoke. She comes up to us and points to me and goes "Let me remember....You're Lex, right?" She gave me her name for the first time and chatted a bit. I realized later on that I had never once given her my name before, and my friend said that while he was up at the bar alone she asked him for my name, saying she saw me there all the time. Later on when I got a drink from her she knew my "usual" drink, and gave me a high five saying it was nice to finally know my name. The bar got busier and I didn't see her for most of the night after that, until the end when I was walking one way and she was walking the other, and she grabbed my arm and squeezed it a couple times quickly.

My friend is convinced she's into me, but I'm still under the impression that she's just being nice because that's her job. He said that in defense of his observations, she's not as chatty or nice to him as she is to me, and he said she pays a lot more attention to me than anyone else when taking my order. I never noticed this, but it did get me thinking. She's cute and I'd definitely hit it.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread