rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Most Attractive People On OKC Interviewed

The Most Attractive People On OKC Interviewed

So many gems in this piece...

nymag.com/thecut/2014/02/okcupid-most-desired-people-in-new-york.html

Quote:Quote:

To find out how some people manage to stand apart from the masses, and how it feels to be so desired, I asked Rudder to introduce me to the most popular OKCupid daters in the city in four categories—straight and gay women and straight and gay men.

Great premise.

The most attractive woman turns out to be a nerdy tattooed girl interested in casual sex. She checks off most of Tuth's slut signs.

Her inbox pretty much read like mine did during my fake dating experiment, except she's gotten 8,000 five star ratings.
http://www.returnofkings.com/24418/is-on...ining-game

She attention whores - I mean, blogs - the worst of them here:
http://theyreallysaidthis.tumblr.com/

In the two years Lauren has been on the site, she estimates that she’s gone on only 20 dates. “I’m picky. I just look at the first ­sentence and delete delete delete.”

This woman has no idea what she wants or how to filter.

So who's dating her?

It doesn’t hurt that Lauren, after getting out of a four-year relationship with a “pathological liar” who had a drug problem, isn’t necessarily looking for anything serious.

That's right. Bad boys with drug problems and dark triad traits.

By the way, the two above quotes constitute everything you need to know about online game.

Who is the most attractive guy?

A guy who wears pocket squares, and whose idea of self deprecation is to call himself better than Ryan Gosling.

Preppily handsome, he’s dressed in a well-fitting H&M blazer with, yes, a skinny black tie and matching pocket square. James’s profile is peppered with references to his travels in Nepal and China and self-deprecatingly confident jokes like: “Ryan Gosling could play my stunt double. That is, if I didn’t already do my own stunts.” The whole profile is self-aware...

Sounds like my profile.

Oh, and he always swipes right on Tinder. Always. And uses the same opener everytime.

So has he been on more then twenty dates?

“A lot of us want the best: the best job, the best apartment, the best significant other,” he says. And in his case, that might mean being the best bachelor as well—someone with the best stories of dating adventures to tell. In fact, he can’t stop thinking about this one incredible woman he met recently; they danced until two in the morning. Then he tells me about another beautiful, smart woman who fed him meat loaf at three in the morning. And then there was that woman with …

I think we all saw that coming.

What I love about online dating is that it is the regular sexual marketplace on crack. Accelerated beyond control. And it signals the future of dating with social media.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread