rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you buying the too big to fail investment banks?

Are you buying the too big to fail investment banks?

Quote: (02-26-2014 04:44 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I think I came off as "angry" in this thread because I am talking about investing in a very direct way. I have a hard time investing even five figures (pocket change) into a position when I know everything about it ie: I have personally met the management team and I know the product inside and out.

Simply pitching something when I can tell from the text alone the person doesn't know the stock is actually what bothers me.

It is not what you know that gets you burned. It is what you think you know that really isn't so.

I appreciate you aggressively challenging everyone's investing ideas. It is true that the majority of forum members are better off investing in index funds/ETFs.

But some of us are not content with just being average and are aspiring to or have got better investment returns than the index. I think you also have done well in individual stocks, but understand that you cant really discuss them because of a conflict of interest with you job.

Im not pitching any stocks here, just like sharing what I have invested in, and like seeing what other guys are investing in.

Ive made a fair bit of money out of Santander, and well aware of the risks, but I am not suggesting that anyone else here should invest.

Messages In This Thread