rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting and Growing a Successful Business

Starting and Growing a Successful Business

Quote: (05-13-2014 12:23 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

Quick question - with the mindset and knowledge you have today. If you were suddenly transported into the life of a regular guy with a regular job - how would you go about entering business and making money?

I was a regular guy with a regular job (more or less) when I left college. I had started my own very small businesses while I was still in college but they only generated money to help pay for books and expenses.

The hardest part is the leap of faith to start a business in the first place. As long as your employment contract doesn't preclude it (and even if it does) why don't you start a side business now? What is stopping you?

Quote:Quote:

I am just curious as to what your first concrete steps might be?

Pick a name for your company, something generic if you want. File online or in person for a DBA (doing business as). It costs almost nothing.

Quote:Quote:

For us regular Joes - we can follow a lot of the logic and reasoning in business advice. But we are often not sure what the best initial step would be? For example - would you petty much pick an industry at random - and have a crack at it - knowing that you will learn more by doing and failing than anything else? And if you happen to get lucky and make it big then all the better.

I only choose things that I'm personally interested in. If I don't think it's a "cool" idea I won't do it. What are your hobbies or interests professionally. Doesn't anything you're using while you're at work that pisses you off because it's designed poorly? Isn't there any company you have to work with that are arrogant assholes because they control a market?

And remember that all successful people have one thing in common: past failures. It's like game, look at a failed business as a learning opportunity. It's no different than getting blown out by a HB9.

Messages In This Thread