rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toilets around the world

Toilets around the world

Quote: (02-21-2014 08:36 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

The one thing that makes me gag in Mexico is having that can of used toilet paper next to the toilet where you're supposed to put the TP after you wipe. So disgusting.

The awesome Japanese toilets are usually only in high end places or private homes I think. They are magical. Heated seats, heated water that shoots up, scents, music and everything else.

In Mexico that is a necessity, since the sewer system is so shitty (ha) it clogs up easily. So people prefer to put it aside than flush it down. Agree on how gross is that, but such it is.

In Japan the magical toilets are really amazing. Once you get used to (and figure out how to make work) warm water tickling your starfish, there is no going back to savage TP. Blot dry, and off you go.
OTOH a blast of ice cold water spray in your brown eye is one sure way to wake up and feel wired all day.

Some models do play a kind of noise to mask your business, last one I encountered sounded like a rushing river or perpetually flushing toilet. Kinda neat, and I imagine a must in crowded houses with paper thin walls. . . I could post a soundbite for anyone interested.

This toilets are actually very widespread, some newer train stations have them, some convenience stores, restaurants. Best part is that they warm the seat too, some of them '300% better than other models'. God forbid you get a cold butt, lol.
At the same time some older buildings and stations will not have even indoor heating, so you will get an ice cold seat greeting you. Or squat toilet. . . My apartment bathroom still has a little guideline on how to use a regular toilet.

One of the gross things here: some people put plush or felt material in the seat, I guess to make it feel not so cold. I think its gross, how do you even clean that? solution: thow it away every now and then. Very japanese.
--------------------------------------
one of my favorite toilets in the world was in Playa del Carmen. Faced the beach and the ocean. So if you opened the door of the little hut you would get an amazing view of the ocean as you did your business. It was even on top of a little cliff, so nobody could see you.
Amazing.

Close second: my uncle's ranch in the mountains of Chiapas, Mexico. Little outhouse, but the view was gorgeous. leave the door open and take in mountains, birds, flowers, a lake. Fantastically relaxing.
And not smelly at all, thank god for quicklime.

Messages In This Thread