rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chris Bosh: "I'm Not Good Enough"

Chris Bosh: "I'm Not Good Enough"

Quote: (02-22-2014 08:48 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-22-2014 07:49 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

@Timoteo

Good points, but IMO Tyson Chandler just needed more time to develop. Centers need more time than guards and forwards to learn the skills required for NBA level play.

I always thought that the transition to being a good centre was easier. Guards have to be much more cerebral i.e orchestrating the offense and knowing how to get the ball or spacing etc so isn't that a steeper learning curve?

Eh, I don't have any stats behind it but I remember hearing a while back that the whole size thing is an issue. Anthony Davis is a great example. He was probably the tallest guy in high school, and could easily pick-and-pop the midrange while hitting dunks. Then he does his one year in college and is able to do the same thing. Then, he comes to the NBA, and has to face Roy Hibbert. His arsenal has to diversify and he has to physically grow into his body.

Messages In This Thread