rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

MMA gym advice

MMA gym advice

If your gym doesn't have an atmosphere where the other guys there will go a little easier on you because you are less skilled, then that is a shitty gym. Every MMA and Muay Thai gym I've ever trained at the first lesson pounded into our heads was that we shouldn't just lay a beatdown on someone without the skill to counter said beatdown. That being said, have you asked your sparring partners to lighten up? Also I know personally when I first started sparring heavy it was really overwhelming for the first month or so. It takes some time to adjust to being hit in the face and staying calm, cool, and collected. After that period though things got WAY better and I didn't feel like I was losing every round. I'd advise you to give it at least a couple of months. If you find yourself getting knocked out often in sparring however, then stop going to sparring. No one needs unnecessary brain damage.

Messages In This Thread