rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strength training is to Fight as Cardio is to Flight

Strength training is to Fight as Cardio is to Flight

Quote: (02-21-2014 08:29 AM)Kieran Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2014 05:57 AM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

High intensity cardio is the best form of cardio.

There is no best form of cardio. Each produces a different adaptation in the body.

I champion lsd to anyone that will listen because, although it has fallen out of favour, it is the only effective way to build a good aerobic base. By performing lsd at moderate intensity for long periods you are able to stretch the heart (eccentric hypertrophy of the left ventricle), so that it becomes able to pump more blood around the body (thus delivering more oxygen). You don't get this adaptation at higher intensity, because the volume of blood per beat is too low to stretch the left ventricle).

Also, if you are participating in boxing etc., then you are getting plenty of anaerobic interval training just by working the pads and bags (especially if you are doing punch out drills), and this has the added benefit of being sport specific.

In my experience, low intensity steady state running is the best supplementary training to any fighting sport (along with some basic strength work). I'd encourage anyone in these sports to try it for themselves, because it really works.

I have been doing Insanity which, has helped me get some pretty good results. High Intensity Cardio is a big part of it

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Messages In This Thread