rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Want to know why your friends don't give up their miserable lifestyles?

Want to know why your friends don't give up their miserable lifestyles?

Quote: (11-04-2017 05:14 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

In Australia retirees can get reasonable income from the stock market.

In Australia any retiree (or retired couple) with a paid off house/apartment plus $1 million AUD to invest (in the stock market) in a retirement account can live a middle class lifestyle.

That actually sounds quite similar to the U.S. The point, however, is that artificially low interest rates have forced retirees, and investors in general, to transition from safe certificates of deposits to risky stock markets -- simply to earn similar yields. In other words, the same yield that an investor could earn in the past almost risk free now entails substantial risk. I am amazed that people are not rioting in the street (which might still happen if people eventually realize that they were being played for fools).

I just saw Robert Prechter on TV. He rarely gives interviews and stated that this was his first TV interview in several years. He is someone who is well-respected by almost everyone in finance. He is predicting another global financial panic similar to the ones that occurred in 2008 and 1929. Many people will be hurt because of the government stupidity of pushing investors from safe investments into far riskier investments.

Just this past week I have been drawing up a list of investments to make at the next market bottom, including LEAPS on solid, stable companies.

Quote:Quote:

Prechter: Short-term notes of the least unstable governments, held in the safest manner possible. The plan is to trade those investments for stocks, property and precious metals near the bottom. You can be calm and avoid suffering financially if you’re prepared. The trick to maintaining personal prosperity is to avoid popular investments at the turns. It’s not easy to do, but at a minimum, you need a fractal perspective on social trends as opposed to a linear one.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/legend...2017-04-21

Messages In This Thread