rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Question about lifting and boxing

Question about lifting and boxing

Quote: (08-22-2014 11:53 AM)viajero Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2014 02:28 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Okay, so, the issue is stamina.

Your body is not in condition to throw multiple punches in a row.

How to fix this? How to get in better shape?

Increase the quality of your conditioning work!

Make conditioning and fitness the priority. Working on technique will not help your stamina and fitness. You have to design your workouts to eliminate your weaknesses. If stamina and conditioning are the weakness, then the workouts should be tailored to fix those things.

Man, you guys are killing it with the advice, good to see we have some guys who really know a lot about the sweet science.

Gio, and the Chef you're right on conditioning-I think what I'm trying to say, specifically, is I lack arm endurance. I've been an athlete my whole life and my conditioning is good, my legs too. My core strength was lacking but is coming back fast-however, I've never done anything that requires the arm endurance to keep punching clean and crisp for minutes at a time. Lots of sports require arm strength but a lot of the guys that started around the same time I did have a ton of gym strength but start letting their hands drop real quick, I'm guessing this is something a lot of new guys struggle with.

Anyway, it sounds like the old school ways are still best. Yesterday I did a few extra rounds on the bag and shadowboxing after some technique work, I liked that since the technique was fresh in my mind I didn't get too wild, but really got myself to that point that I didn't want to throw or keep my hands up anymore.

Kieran-I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I feel much more explosive when I really feel the jab through the hips. It's kind of tricky because you don't exaggerate the twisting motion so much like you do on power punches, but I'm working on it.

Messages In This Thread