rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Valley Girl dialect is a vehicle for cultural change

The Valley Girl dialect is a vehicle for cultural change

Quote:Quote:

Middle class southern white girls have the best accent in America. The southern belle accent. I love it.

I might say the best female English accent in the world. I get this shit eatin grin on my face when I hear a woman like Dolly talk.

I always associated the vocal fry with shitty attitude that seemed to radiate from my hipster friends. Everything was underwhelming to them. Everything is done, played out, boring, etc. This type of talk just seemed to vocalize their feelings.

I used to imitate them even before I really knew what I was doing. I would repeat their sounds, but with my baritone voice, and tell them to practice after me. Then I would do it again, like a maestro, and orchestrate it.

They hated that. So I know they were attuned to what a joke they sound like. Fortunately most women around here have outgrown that scene.

Messages In This Thread