rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swiss curb immigration; EU threatens

Swiss curb immigration; EU threatens

Quote: (02-09-2014 12:43 PM)svenski7 Wrote:  

Swiss pass tighter immigration 50-50

I like this part of the article: "Brussels said it regretted the outcome of the vote and would examine its implications."

Uh, wait, who gives a flying fuck what Brussels thinks? Are the Swiss people not sovereign? Is Belgium itself not a divided failed state (Walloon and Flams)?

I bet the Germans try and push Switzerland around next. As we saw with their anti-Putin stunt at the Olympic opening ceremony, they clearly hate any form of self-determination.

Sorry, but I would like to politely correct you on this. If you would have said Germany or the German government, yes I agree.

A big majority of Germans actually very much agrees with the decision made by the Swiss. Some even admire the political system in Switzerland allowing their people to actively participate in decisions.
In many European countries like France, Netherlands, UK the same things are discussed right now. If citizens in the above mentioned countries would be able to decide directly on mass Immigration, I think the outcome would be even stronger against it.
In Germany right now a new political party wishes to establish a immigration point system as in US or Canada. However anybody, who is not pro mass Immigration, pro EURO faces the racist, nazi stigma. Although I have lived almost on every continent in the world, I have not yet found a government being stupid enough to allow unqualified immigration straight into the social welfare systems. This only happens in Germany.

Therefore congrats to the Swiss - well done!!!

Messages In This Thread