rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boomers: how to keep their hands out of our pockets

Boomers: how to keep their hands out of our pockets

It's starting to become more and more clear that this recession isn't going anywhere soon. As soon as the Fed started tapering new bubbles popped, emerging markets this time. After the US housing bubble, the Euro crisis, now this. Jesse Colombo's got some great articles and info on this. Read his twitter btw: twitter.com/thebubblebubble

Basicly, all the Hallelujah stories of a good outlook for 2014 are already gone.

Lately, I've been thinking about the great recession and the role of boomers in the causes of its severity. While I don't hate on boomers per se, it's clear they're hellbent on making society's debt problem the problem of the young. They want to live on in their bubble of job security, nice pension, and move the debt -- they mostly caused -- to us. I could go all philosophical and tell you how this is inevitable in democratic welfare states, but I'm not interested in that nor do I care abt politics in general -- I believe it to be a sideshow, a timewaster. That discussion has been overdone, and frankly I don't give a shit: democracy, welfare, graying,... all that stuff is here to stay, so let's deal with it.

What I don't want is to be one of the guys who's going to clean up after other people's party. That's what boomers have in mind for us. I'm not willing to pay for the mess they made.

What's the best way around this shit? How can we guard our assets & income the best way, so we can keep most of what we make (legally)? Jeff Berwick says he managed to find a loophole by being a permanent traveller or move to Chile.

What else?

Messages In This Thread