rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Power of Who You Know (blog post by Christian McQueen)

The Power of Who You Know (blog post by Christian McQueen)

Quote: (02-08-2014 05:56 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

An additional point is that you'll find once you get into successful social circles that it's very small.

Obviously there's less successful people than average people. Once you're in, unless you're an idiot you can build from that and make mad mad connections.

Building off what WestCoast said, most of your friends should be more successful than you. Almost everyone I hang out with makes more $$$ than me, is older and established. How does that help me?

Because it causes me to grow to 'keep up' with them, instead of resting on my laurels and hanging with losers in order to feel 'important' and like 'the man'.

A large part of this comes down to one's ego and willing to be the bottom guy on the totem pole socially in order to break out of the Average Zone and grow.

This is true for game in general. You should always try to hang with guys who are more advanced or better players than you are.

Messages In This Thread