rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Power of Who You Know (blog post by Christian McQueen)

The Power of Who You Know (blog post by Christian McQueen)

Wow, that's a really good post about social capital. I certainly try and surround myself with like minded men, but I haven't really sought out those who have already made it to guide me. I mean I have friends in the club/pr business who improve my nights out, guest list and such like, but aside from adding to the quality of life I can't think of any friends who really open doors for me. If anything I'd say I spend more time raising friends up than the other way around.

I'd be interested in reading mcqueen's thoughts on the other side of the affects your social circle has on you, the negative affect people can have on your life and how to deal with it. I'm pretty cold when it comes to girls, but cutting off a long term friend in the interests of self improvement is beyond me. Losing friends you need losing is a weakness of mine that's just occurred to me.

Messages In This Thread