rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Breast Cancer is More Important than Any Other Cancer

Breast Cancer is More Important than Any Other Cancer

Quote: (02-06-2014 06:09 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

And when you throw all of this together - you get the strange situation that people wish they had a more deadly cancer than one which actually kills fewer people. Since - the pancreatic cancers which never cause any problems and are never found - give the illusion that pancreatic cancer is more deadly than breast cancer.

Cardguy, I don't really see how that's relevant to the ad campaign (correct me if I'm wrong).

The ad claims the survival rate for those who are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is just 3%. So for those people, it doesn't matter that there may exist a much more benign form of pancreatic cancer. They are already in the group with the 3% survival chance, and so they say "I wish I had breast cancer instead", which has an 85% survival rate upon diagnosis.
It's not an 'a-priori' statement. It's after the fact. "GIVEN THAT you have been DIAGNOSED with a cancer..."

Messages In This Thread