rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coca Cola Superbowl Ad Causing Controversy

Coca Cola Superbowl Ad Causing Controversy

Quote: (02-06-2014 01:02 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

I'm just trying to understand where the fear is coming from. I have seen people complain about jobs and such. To me, that is fear of competition and I don't get it. I never thought people were entitled to well paying jobs simply because they were born. You are either valuable or not.
You really can't see why a person would object to his culture and homeland disappearing without even a fight? I find that hard to believe. And, yes, being inside of a group should entail getting stuff (such as jobs, potentially) not available to those outside the group. Wouldn't you do things for your family that you wouldn't for a random person on the street?

A post-nation-state, ultra-capitalist, globalized new world order may be where we're headed, but it's not so fully established that we've lost all sense of what human life was like for the thousands and thousands of years prior to this point. Community is important. Culture is important. It's very odd, in a historical sense, for people to think of themselves as atomized, distinct individuals without any real connection to anything except those they choose to make.

Fear of large-scale, replacement-level immigration (what's going on in the U.S.) is a deeper, more profound thing than just concern about crappy jobs. It's about the destruction of one's culture and people.

Messages In This Thread