rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Diamantina, Brazil

Diamantina, Brazil

Quote: (02-07-2014 12:22 AM)paninaro Wrote:  

Great datasheet.

You wrote about how all the girls were looking at you in the club and so on. Was it how you dressed, your ethnicity being rare, or something else?

Also you wrote about the possible language barrier. Do you think that if a person had a choice, would it be better to have very basic Portuguese, or slightly above basic Spanish?
Thanks. Like I said above, I wouldn't say I'm very much above average. I have been told many times that I look like John Mayer (I'm in my early 20's):

Quote: (02-07-2014 01:16 AM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

@OP... a well-deserved +1 from me. Great data sheet on a place well off the beaten path, even for most Brazilians. I suspect a lot of the good things I hear about Mineiras is true. Looking forward to finding out for myself.
Thanks. Girls from Minas are absolutely worth it: feminine, cute, nurturing, loving. It's hard to describe, but it's not something I see much stuck here in SP.

Quote: (02-07-2014 06:51 PM)shotgun Wrote:  

Quote: (02-07-2014 06:12 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

^^ @ Shotgun. Wait isn't that like every Carnaval though? Haha

Sort of. I mean, it's always a clusterfuck. But you can get better ratios and a non-university crowd elsewhere. Places like Rio, Salvador and Florianopolis come to mind. These options are (much) more expensive than MG though, which makes sense - MG caters to the younger, university crowd because it's cheap.
Right. There's different types of street parades (blocos), though, which gather different crowds. São Paulo, for example, has street parades in Vila Madalena where the crowd is older (24-30).

Being a crowded, drunken mess and a logistical clusterfuck is part of the holiday's essence though haha.

Messages In This Thread