rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is alcohol affecting you more as you get older?

Is alcohol affecting you more as you get older?

Quote: (02-01-2014 01:17 AM)jtbabycarrots Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2014 11:56 PM)nek Wrote:  

Yeah I'm starting to seek out violence more. Not in a "puff-your-chest" kind of a way, but more for the thrill. Maybe I'm just bored with life.

You're one step away from serious danger bro. Might not be a bad idea to put it down for a few months. I'm not saying you're an alcoholic. I'm just saying you might want to take a break.

Any anger issues are not related to the alcohol though. Alcohol is just a mask. An escape.

Putting down the mask will allow you to look at the anger - without judgement or expectation.

Anger is just an emotion. Your emotion is not unique. It is just an emotion that our brain produces. Like the way our heart produces an electrical current that keeps us alive. The brain is just a tool.

And yes, your metabolism slows down as you age so it becomes much harder to clear your system of it. It also effects different people differently - genetically.

Alcohol is fun, but it's also a slippery slop that can quickly put you in situations you weren't anticipating.

Yeah but I'm not angry in these situations. In fact, it's quite the opposite. It's usually when I'm in a really good mood already. Like I said, It's as if the thrill of drinking in and of itself has dimished, and this just keeps it fun.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Messages In This Thread