rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Evolving from a liberal ideology to a more conservative one

Evolving from a liberal ideology to a more conservative one

“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”
― Winston Churchill

I heard this quote from Winston Churchill a few years ago and at time I thought nothing of it.

Recently I have thought back to it and realized that this articulates my evolution of fundamental viewpoints quite well.

Although I am still very much a young man (I'm in my early 20's) I have found that in the last few years my traditionally liberal leaning opinions have moved further to the right.

Although I don't truly identify with any political group, I think it's interesting that as I get older I see more and more aspects of liberal viewpoints as being ridiculous, vegetarianism, white guilt and feminism to name but a few.

My question is this has anyone else had this experience and what do you think is the root cause of evolving from a liberal standpoint to a more conservative one as you get older?

"You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge" Scroobius Pip

Messages In This Thread