rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sparring Against Women In Martial Arts

Sparring Against Women In Martial Arts

I am with the consensus of making them learn, it really depends on the attitude of the girl in the ring/mat. I studied Jiu Jitsu through my teenage years and I was a really angry kid, i loved sparring as i could let loose. My Sensei put me in the adult classes as a result and to learn some humility but would bring me back to the junior matches to train with my brothers so we could do things full speed or to check kids with egos that had gotten to big.

In those instances it would usually go that my sensei would get in the ring with me, beat my ass and then say "ok, who wants to go against Dr. Howard next" this would lull kids with bully type egos to throw their hands in the air as it made me look weak/easy. Guy or girl they would get crushed. Guys quickly, girls it was more of a 'mocking' slow defeat.

Girls that had no partner in practice or were afraid to get into the ring or were interested in learning got a kid gloves treatment though, and I would do the same to a guy who was a first timer or was looking really nervous that he had to train with some wild eyed nut job that was brought in from the adult class.

so, guy or girl makes no difference to me, the attitude does.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread