rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sparring Against Women In Martial Arts

Sparring Against Women In Martial Arts

I started training in Taekwondo when I was 7 years old. I had a very good foundation knowledge of the art because I trained and fought with adults/much older kids from early on. I have trained with schools from many countries, and mainly Korean and Iranians, who are both maybe the best at Taekwondo.

I remember being in a no nonsense Iranian school school when I was 11/12, and I essentially matched/was slightly outclassed by a woman who was an advanced black belt/supposed to be extremely skilled [obviously this was not IN Iran]. That pretty much says it.

Unless the girl is a she-beast Serena Williams type [and even they are no match truly], they can really only become "very skilled", and technically very good - which is great for demonstrations, and maybe a few fast points in tournaments. They can not train you for a real fight that tests you - maybe one in which you have some bad blood with a guy who fights dirty, or pissed you off.

Still, for drilling, and practicing techniques, atleast in taekwondo, I was taught to do all the moves I would do in a real fight, even use speed and power to a degree, but stop or just brush my kicks at the last second, which actually requires a lot more control and this can be very good technical training, which you can add power to against a guy. So you can make it work, but it is boring.

You don't get there till you get there

Messages In This Thread