rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Controlling Want

Controlling Want

Quote: (01-22-2014 07:48 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Read this post by Roosh..it had a great impact on me, specially point number 3.

http://www.rooshv.com/3-things-i-learned-last-year

Quote:Roosh Wrote:

3. You don’t need much income if you’re not a consumer.

If you don’t want a luxury car, a penthouse, the latest electronic gadgets, or a dozen custom suits, you don’t need a lot of money. If you don’t feel the need to make it rain in clubs, and you use day approaches as your main game strategy, you won’t need more than $100 per notch. If you realize that things can’t possibly make you happy, you won’t find yourself buying much besides good liquor and food. The less money you need to spend, the less money you need to make. The less money you need to make, the less work you need to do. Instead of chasing dollars and objects you’ve been programmed to buy, you enjoy your own leisure time, hobbies, or reading.

It doesn’t hurt to be rich, and I won’t bash those men who go for it, but a huge percentage of the world’s pretty women are content with dating a middle class man who is fit, intelligent, stable, and confident. I’ve had great months where my income was much higher than normal because of a new book release, but there was nothing to spend the extra money on that would increase the things I value in life (good people, women, work, health, and books). After a very modest amount, additional money becomes an abstract construct that exists only on a computer screen. Design a life free of superfluous consumer desires and figure out how much money you need a year to live that life. There will be no need to bother with more.

I find this to be true, particularly his last point about how one's tight game and sense of inner worth is much more valuable than props bought with extra money.

Messages In This Thread