rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Controlling Want

Controlling Want

I feel like one must find a healthy balance between the two extremes.

Imo western culture is pretty obsessed with materialism and keeping up with the jones. You need to look no further than our analysis of anglo females to know how true this is, with everyone angling for another smartphone, another expensive handbag, another pair of rhinestone studded heels, another car loan, it goes on. Keeping up with the Jones and eying what's on your neighbors driveway or feet or wrist doesn't lead to lasting happiness in the long run.

At the same time, I don't advocate for a complete total eschewing of material goods. I will readily admit I like nice things. I like nice cars that look stylish and breath fire. I like handsome sharp shoes and Omegas and IWCs and tailored Oxxfords, etc. But just because I like those things, does not mean I let their acquisition or lack thereof dominate my waking thoughts.

Messages In This Thread