rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Meaning of it All - Legacy?

The Meaning of it All - Legacy?

Today, my character perma-died in a computer game, after a week of grinding. I thought to myself, "well, now that it's over...what was the point?" So for fun, I imagined the experience a microcosm of my real life time line.

At first, I figured I was in it for the personal achievement. It felt good to level up, gain power, and be a boss. But upon death, as in life, all that achievement was gone. Nothing to show for it except a ballin' ass coffin.

From here, I reasoned that achievement can't be the point. But the journey itself? The "experience"? I had a good run. Some exciting adventures for sure. But again, upon death, those memories didn't live on. At least the ones I didn't share. Happiness is fleeting. Too inward focused to hold meaning after death.

The shared experiences however. Those which were shared with friends. Or even strangers. Those would live on inside others. In knowing me, I might have made them laugh, and share with others. Or beat them, and taught a lesson. Some girls I've fucked will fantasize about me while with their significant other. Bringing new energy into that relationship, even after I'm gone.

Final thought. The point of life is; the stuff you create, and share with others. A creative life, in service to others. Could be a business that provides goods/services. Executing an ONS. Raising a kid. Whatever. Legacy shit.

I'm not a philosophy wonk. Maybe someone here can point to a dude who died thousands of years ago who stated life meaning more eloquently.

Or maybe it's as simple as what the evolutionary theorists say; The meaning of life is to 1. survive. 2. fuck. Two things RvF'ers seem to be excelling at [Image: king.gif]

Messages In This Thread